Mathew Hirst is the Freedom Sports Massage Therapist in Leeds.
Mathew qualified as a sports massage therapist in 2005 and has since clocked up over 20,000 in clinic hours. He specialises in treating soft tissue problems and in addition to treating sports injuries, Mathew can also provide deep tissue massage and Swedish massage to complement a course of physiotherapy, chiropractic or osteopathic treatments.
Here are some the benefits of having massage therapy with Mathew:
Sports massage can:
- Maintain the body generally in better condition.
- Prevent injuries and loss of mobility/flexibility.
- Cure and restore mobility to injured muscle tissue.
- Boost performance.
- Extend the overall life of your sporting career
Deep Tissue Massage can:
- Reduced pain
- Improved sleep
- Reduced stress and anxiety
- Improved mobility;
- Increased range of motion (ROM);
- Restored ease of movement
- Reduced muscle hyper tonicity, tension and spasm
- reduced scar tissue and other fascial adhesions, which can improve both circulatory and nerve function
- promote circulation (of both blood and lymph)
- reduce ischemia (by releasing hypertoned muscles and reducing facial adhesions, thereby improving circulation)
Swedish massage can:
- Promotes relaxation, thereby reducing stress and anxiety
- Ease of muscular tension, soreness and stiffness
- Improved skin tone, circulation and elasticity
- Elimination of toxins and swelling
- Boosts immune system
- Relieves tired and stiff joints
- Increases energy levels by invigorating the body’s natural systems
- Aids better sleep and reduces insomnia