at Freedom Clinics
What is acupuncture?
Acupuncture originated in China and has been practiced for over 5,000 years. Commonly associated with back pain, the acupuncture treatment involves the insertion of very fine needles into the skin in order to balance the movement of energy (also called Qi) in the body.
Traditional acupuncture is becoming more prominent in mainstream healthcare within the UK. An increasing weight of evidence from Western scientific research is demonstrating the effectiveness of acupuncture for treating a wide variety of conditions.
I just wanted to say how impressed I was with my visit to Freedom. The premises are fantastic; bright, cheerful and clean. I was made to feel welcome, and everyone is very professional. The whole experience was great.
J Fowler – Acupuncture patient
How does it work?
Your acupuncturist will use needles to stimulate specific anatomic points in the body (called acupoints or acupuncture points) for therapeutic purposes.
- It provides pain relief by releasing endorphins and also changes the processing of pain in the brain and spinal cord
- It reduces inflammation
- It improves muscle stiffness and joint mobility
- It reduces the use of pain relief medication
Combined with massage and rehabilitative exercises it provides a cost effective treatment with good long term results.
Conditions treatable with Acupuncture
Acupuncture can be used to treat a wide range of conditions, including:
- Stress, anxiety, insomnia, disturbed sleep
- Depression, mood swings
- Weight loss, detox, appetite suppression
- Skin problems (Acne, Eczema, skin rush)
- Digestions problems (Irritable bowel, colitis, constipation, diarrhea, gastritis, heartburn, food allergies, ulcers)
- Upper respiratory disorders (Asthma, allergies, bronchitis, sinusitis, sore throat, laryngitis, colds and flu)
- Urinary and reproductive disorders (Cystitis, menstrual cramps, irregular or heavy periods, infertility, menopausal symptoms)
- Women’s Health
- Cardiovascular conditions
- All sorts of pains and aches
- Headaches & Migraines
- ME, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, Low Energy
- Allergies, asthma & hayfever
Cosmetic acupuncture is a style of acupuncture, which is a non-surgical system for rejuvenating the face.
The hair fine needles are inserted into specific points on the face and body. Lines around the mouth, frown lines between the eyebrows and the forehead, and laughter lines around the eyes according to your needs. The needles are left in for 30mins and leave no lasting negative side effects.
Cosmetic acupuncture may help:
- Eliminate fine lines
- Reduce larger wrinkles
- Lift sagging jowls and eyelids
- Reduce puffiness in the face and around the eyes
- Reduce dark circles under the eyes
- Increase collagen production
- Hydrate the skin
- Reduce double chins
- Tighten pores
- Improve muscle tone
- Reduce the evidence of stress in the face
- Promote a more radiant, youthful appearance
- Improve overall health and wellbeing
A study of facial acupuncture published in the International Journal of Clinical Acupuncture showed that in 300 test cases, 90% showed results after one course of treatment.
Please contact us for cosmetic acupuncture prices.
How many treatments do I need?
For the best results a regular course of 8 to 12 treatments is recommended.
After this, maintenance is achieved by monthly treatments.
Acupuncture can help with a list of conditions, for more information please visit the British Acupuncture Council website and view the available fact sheets.
Acupuncture treatment is available in all our London and Leeds clinics.
For more information, call your local clinic on the number below.
London, Canary Wharf Clinic; (Canada Place Shopping Mall): 0203 197 9100
Leeds : 0113 345 5060